Saturday, July 14, 2012

Things That Make Me Smile

I think I should maybe do a weekly post on things that make me smile...so I can remind myself that there are so many things, even if small, that do bring me joy.


Today, it is my puppy, (dog really, she is 7), Moo.  She is a miniature dachshund. We have had her since she was 6 weeks old and about as big as a hamster.  Funny thing is, my daughter begged to get her, I was SO reluctant. A dog?  The only dog I ever had as a child stayed outside and was dirty and was... my dads.  A dog would be SO much work.  I didn't think I wanted a dog!


But, I relented...and she came into our lives. She was so little. So sweet. So giving of unconditional love. I was bowled over!!  She is my heart!  She brings me so much happiness everyday. I can't imagine life without her.  She is one of those "things" in life that there are really no negatives attached to. She brings me pure happiness. She is always happy to see me, always wanting to be near me, no matter my mood! She is always there to remind me that happiness is possible. What else could a person ask for?  I LOVE my pup!!!

4 comments:

  1. I lost my dog recently and have the longing for another dog. Dogs are absolutely fantastic! Cute dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so sorry Yaya...I dread the day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon, I think your idea for this post-of-the-week is a pretty good one. It's so easy to lose sight of the fact that we may not be depressed, anxious, etc. all the time.

    My dog makes me smile, too and I had never had a dog before. In fact, I always considered myself a cat person. Though my cats make me smile, too.

    Yaya, I'm sorry about your dog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your puppy is beautiful! I know the job animals can bring--our cats are so important to us. They love so unconditionally--a good lesson for me!

    ReplyDelete