Tuesday, January 1, 2013

***2013***

I am not one for making resolutions for the new year.  Why I am not, I can only guess is a product of my upbringing, no one really ever made resolutions.... well, any they actually kept.  So I just kind of look forward to this year and aspire for the best to happen.

This new year will bring many changes for me and my family.  We will be moving at the beginning of February, and that will be a challenge for all of us.  I do love to move, like I have mentioned before, but I have never lived as close as we will be to family, for the past 20 years.  All of my life as a wife and mother.... basically all of my life as an adult, I lived the life of a military wife. This entails being alone quite a bit... so I will have adjusting to do. It is exciting and worrying at the same time.

I am trying to approach this move with as little stress as possible, but lets face it, moving is stressful, no matter how exciting.  There are always so many things going on at once and the older your children get, the harder it is because you feel their pain of saying goodbye to friends and schools and jobs and everything they have found familiar.  Funny how I grew up in one town my whole childhood and prayed and wished to move so hard every night, and my children have lived all over the United States and they have prayed and wished to never move again.  But we do what we have to.  We do what we need to... and we feel we need to move closer to family as we and they age.... there are only so many moments to be captured with the ones you love and hold dear, and to miss them more than need be is just not what we want to do anymore.  I think living apart from our families for so long has given us an appreciation for loving the moments we have with them, no matter how annoying!

I will be living in the same town as my sister, and my niece whom I have never met!  She is 6 months old. I am so very excited to be close to them.  Is there anything better than a sister?  Someone you can be friends with and confide in and be close to and laugh with and get annoyed at... and through it all know that you will always come back together and feel a connection that can not be felt with anyone else. At least that is how it is with me.  Love those girls so much!


Anyways, my wish for you this 2013 is that you find something, anything you are looking for.  That you are able to take in each moment, good or bad, and realize it for what it is...life.  I love and hate so many emotions, but I want to be thankful for the journey.  Be thankful for what it has taught me and will teach me.  I want to remember that being able to be compassionate is a trait I never want to lose. I want to remember that my journey has made me who I am, and despite all the things I would love to change about myself, I could not be who I am without the roller coaster that my life has been. And I will never stop being thankful for reading all of your joys and struggles and happiness and sadness... it really makes me a better person.  So thanks!! You have been a part and will be a part of why this will be a great year.

 Happy New Year!





5 comments:

  1. Hope you have a safe move. Wishing you an exciting and peaceful new beginnings with your new year and move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute piccy :) Good Luck with your move xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the moving preparations. I hope 2013 is joyous and peaceful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good reminder about how our struggles do put good things into our character, like ability to care for others better. If I think of my struggle with depression as making me a better friend and teacher and all, it feels better.

    Moving is tough. I moved (just a couple blocks) this last spring and kept telling myself, "moving is stressful even for 'normal' people." I hope things go well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We moved last October when my daughter was five months old. It was so HARD to do with a child. I've moved so many times before and it's always toughl. But doing it with a child made the process exponentially more stressful. I hope yours is better!

    ReplyDelete