Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Awry!

Can we say "Why do these things happen when we move?"  Oh yes, the wonderful unexpected stress!

My daughter dislocated her knee yesterday doing cartwheels on the trampoline.  She landed on it wrong and right out of place it went.  I thought "Oh it will just hurt for a while and be sore but fine." -Because I have a "trick knee" and I thought it was just like that. In and out and sore but ok... Nope, it started swelling to the size of a large grapefruit.... and this is large on a tiny 14 year old girl with not an ounce of extra pounds on her! So to the ER we went...  she has damaged the tissue around it!  She is in a brace and on crutches for 4-6 weeks and I have to take her back to the Ortho. Doctor next week and then as soon as we get to Georgia for either physical therapy or God knows what if it doesn't seem to be healing the right way!  Luckily she is not in much constant pain, they gave her Tylenol with codeine and Motrin. She INSISTED on going to school today, the only child in the world who LOVES school and can not miss a day under any circumstances...according to her. The doctor said let her if she wants! Crazy child of mine!

I am trying to be calm!  But inside I am a mess!! Ugh!  I pray nothing else happens before we move! I should have known though.... something always goes awry at the best times!♥

3 comments:

  1. Oh, your poor little girl. I'm so sorry she's hurt. But she sounds like a trooper. I liked school (especially when I was younger) but I never would have resisted an opportunity to stay home! Hope she recovers without any problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your daughter, and I hope her knee heals quickly. It certainly sounds like she is a gutsy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouchie! Try not to stress (yeah, 'cause me saying that fixes everything) because she doesn't seem to be. What is childhood, if not a time to test how sturdy your body is?

    ReplyDelete