Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Starting to Stress


Yes, I know stress is a natural side affect of many things... like moving.  But I just want to make sure I don't go over the edge like last time.  I had given a two week notice at work, but I got sick yesterday (cold I guess) and I am being bombarded with thoughts of everything I need to do... every. little. thing.  It can get over whelming. So told my job I was done. There is just too much to do and too much to think about to add anything extra right now. I know... I probably should have stayed the last two weeks, but the last week I would be there is over nights (which I have never done) for inventory.  I just don't think adding that to everything else is healthy for me right now. So...that is that, till I get to Georgia, and then I will find a new job after getting settled in.


I still feel good.... I just feel like I want to stay feeling good.  My thoughts are racing a bit more than usual, but I guess that is going to be "normal" for me.  I have so much to do.  Movers, packing things I want with me right away, getting rid of things I haven't used in forever, checking my daughter out of school, my husband retiring, making sure  pets have what they need to be moved relatively easily, etc.etc....  I keep thinking I have written "the list"  but the "the list" keeps getting revised!


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I feel for you, Shannon, and I completely understand how you don't want to get overwhelmed. I think you're being prudent to not try to work and do everything else during your last weeks. Hang in there--wish I could help you pack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon...for what it's worth I think you did exactly what *you* needed to do. You stated it yourself about being a stressful time for you. You've just eliminated one stress. Tell me about those racing thoughts...they can be overwhelming in themselves.

    ReplyDelete