Thursday, January 10, 2013

They're Here...

Sounds like a reference to poltergeist, but alas it is a reference to the guy who is taking an inventory for our move.

This makes me ULTRA UNCOMFORTABLE!  I am a very private, socially disinclined person.  So I like to keep my stuff to myself.  Having someone come in and go through my stuff...not a nice feeling. He seems like a nice guy, but... I don't like it.  And I will be even more uncomfortable when they come to pack it.  I am even bowing out of the process by letting my husband trail with him through the house. Ugh.  It literally makes me sick to my stomach.  And what's to boot is my husband is a conversationalist, so it takes a bit more time to get it done than it would with someone like...me.  Someone who might push the process along as fast as it could go.

Of course, I had to clean everything yesterday so in my mind it would appear that I am not some horrendous slob, even though, I'm not.  I had to make sure everything was in it's place and clean to me.  A long process.  And after he leaves I will worry about what he thought about the house, what he thought about how clean or dirty it was to him.  It is a horrible thought process for me.  I hate my babbling mind sometimes!!

We also got the dates for the day they come to pack everything and the day they come to load everything.  A few days before I thought. That puts me a bit off kilter, too. Moving... I am stressed to the max at this moment. All my buttons are being pushed and my heart is pounding. I will be happy for it to be over. ♥






2 comments:

  1. Hang in there. Moving IS hard. I can't stand when people look at or touch my stuff either. Ugh. Soon enough, you'll look back and this will be all done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy Shannon, I am so with you on this. I read one time that "moving" pretty much tops the list of stressful times for mankind, so throw anxiety into the loop and it can get crazy. I look back on our time in the military when we moved every 2-3 years and wondered how I did it. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete