Monday, May 7, 2012

Beautiful People


I love this quote. I think it applies to so many people I have met. Maybe because there are so many people who suffer. I think of a specific friend, A.  Whose life was touched by a tragic suicide. Who has suffered a great deal and made it through to the other side, if you can ever do that.

I do realize people who suffer are not just the ones with the mental illness, but their loved ones, too.  I just feel so deeply for the people who seem to be trapped feeling like they have no options, and then the family and friends they leave behind. Wondering... What went wrong? Angry, sad, confused. If only I had enough wisdom to put some of this suffering to rest... If only I could have enough compassion and love to spread over all those who hurt and make them feel like they are not alone.
 





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comments on my blog, Shannon.
    And thanks for your blog, for you being here. You are very brave to talk about this stuff...There is a fine line between genius and insanity, they say...I don't think you're "crazy". Is mentally ill just a term coined to label something which most society doesn't understand? This same society which that lies to people to make them feel better, that shuns honest emotion, that pretends to be who they're not? That says "You must live this way," but then doesn't and lies about it...anyways, I'm going on here, but I appreciate your honesty and forthrightness. You are a rare type of person. I hope you have a wonderful day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Tahirih, That means so much! ♥

      Delete