Thursday, May 3, 2012

Compassion

I figured in learning about my own mental issues and all others, I would first address the issue of compassion.  I find it absurd that some people have no compassion for those who suffer mental illness or choose suicide. And I am definitely NOT promoting going out and killing yourself. I am however, promoting compassion for the suffering of others. And this I find easy, at least easy for me to feel compassionate about others sadness. Maybe I need to learn a bit more on how to be compassionate to myself. And compassionate to others whom I presume to be incapable of compassion.

In saying this I am reminded of a quote by the Dalai Lama, "Compassion is not religious business, it is human business, it is not luxury, it is essential for our own peace and mental stability, it is essential for human survival." So, I am set for tonight to think on compassion, to mull it over, and report back to you tomorrow on what I have come up with....

 If you have any thoughts, please...let me know! Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment