Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I love Southern California

So...my husband and I took a morning walk around Lake Poway today . It is located right outside the northeastern part of San Diego. It was foggy when we started, but still beautiful.  I had no idea though, that the walk around the lake was 3 miles of up and downs...hiking really. But it was exhilarating. The flowers were beautiful and we even saw a baby rattler, as you can see in the picture my husband took.... ain't getting me near that thing!

But I realized how good Southern California has been for my mental health. Not that you can tell from theses pics, but it is always sunny, always nice, about 75° F, year round.  Only rains on occasion....perfect. Only problem is, we are moving in 10 months. :(  I will miss San Diego. I have been the "happiest" here than any other place I have ever lived.

Why are we moving?  My husband is retiring from the Marine Corps after 20 years... and we are going to Paradise, CA. It is beautiful, but I will have to get ready for snow and
rain and real seasons again!  Really, I like to move, and Lord knows, I haven't become attached to anyone here. But it will be hard to say good bye to some place I have loved living, some place that has really connected with my soul. (Strange huh?  How I can be connected to a place but not any certain people. Hum...) San Diego is just the best. You must visit if you have never been here before and you will see what I mean. Have a nice day! ♥



2 comments:

  1. So is Paradise the final decision? Just being nosey, which is one of my down falls lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Laura, I guess, I don't know. I so want to come to Florida to be near you! :( But Jake can't go to college for free and Shannon won't be doing what he really wants to....so I guess. I'm sorry! I love you!

    ReplyDelete