Friday, June 1, 2012

Ugh!

Today I have to attend a school project evening at my son's high school. This is something I dread. I have to be around people, I might get introduced to, in a small space with really no way out for the hour and 1/2 it goes on. Ugh! This is what my nightmares are made of. I know it probably sounds dumb to most, but for me it is akin to going to the dentist for a root canal.  I am phobic!  I am saving my xanax to take about 20 minutes before we leave to go. At least my husband and daughter will be there. So they can talk and I can stand back and nod and say "uh huh".  Why am I like this? anyone else would have no problem, and I spend an entire day dreading it! Wish me luck!


1 comment:

  1. Shannon, I don't like being in crowds, even in small ones, and I hate trying to make small talk. I'm just very introverted. So I can relate to your concerns and dreads. I hope the event ended up being better than expected! :-)

    ReplyDelete